Sunday, September 16, 2012

Buttons, buttons, buttons....

Happy Sunday!

I have been trying to organize my workspace a little and decided to sort out my collection of old buttons, which I like to use in collage and fabric art. Hmmm....how to sort? Some are still on the original cards that they came on. Do I sort these by color, type, or theme?  I love these because the cards are so interesting and I marvel at the price that was paid for them "back in the day". Sorting by color or theme sounds good, as the cards will likely be used on a collage.  I have some buttons that were tied together and are all different. I like these a lot as they make me think of that lady who so long ago saved every button that she had left over from another project, and kept them tied together so that she would know where to find them. Sorting most of these will not be a problem, since most of them are beige. And, most of my buttons are loose, so I have put them in old mason jars. A no-brainer on that one.

I did sort some of the buttons so that I could take the following pictures, but I think I'll put them back in the big jar that they were in and worry about it another day! Maybe I'll clean my freezer instead.

Buttons on cards...


These are all pearly buttons on on green cards.
 

Look at these small buttons for children. I love these!
  

These buttons all have some bling.



Pearlies. Note the ones on the string at the bottom! Paid only two dollars.
 
And of course, buttons in jars...


I hope that you're having fun with your collections today!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!