Monday, October 1, 2012

Halloween mantel

Hello friends. I hope you are having better weather than we are; it has been very rainy here. I guess that's a good thing, as I took advantage of staying indoors to make a couple of new things to decorate our mantel with for Halloween. I decided to keep things looking simple this year, so here is what I did. I took a dollar store black picture frame, removed the glass and covered the cardboard backing with some art paper that I had for awhile. I liked it because it looked like it was coffee-stained. On top of that I glued on some old ledger paper, and then added a sparkly green spider from Michael's. I hung it from some burlap ribbon that I had on hand. I don't think the whole thing cost more than $8.00, and the time spent on it was no more than 20 minutes! Here is a picture...



Then, I took some white plastic pumpkins (I very rarely use plastics for decorating, but real pumpkins rot too fast inside), added some glittery black stick-on letters spelling "BOO", and added them to the mantle, along with some black candles in some funky cut class candle holders that I had on hand. Lastly, I added a banner that I made by collaging a bunch of papers, trims, and copies of old photos, and attaching with black plaid ribbon. Here is the banner, shown via three pictures...





And here is the final result...


Have fun with your decorating!!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!