Sunday, December 16, 2012

A weekend of sadness...

I sit here this morning away from home at my Dad's kitchen table tapping on this IPad with neither my home computer nor access to my storage of photos, but I could not let another day go by without posting about the sadness of the school shootings up in Newtown, CT. 

My heart goes out to those who died at the very start of their lives, to those who dedicated their lives to teaching them and caring for them, and to those left behind to live with their tragic loss. The added tragedy is that it happened so close to what is supposed to be a joyous season.

As I exchange Christmas gifts with my children and grandchildren today, I will think about gifts wrapped that will never be opened by those for whom they were intended. I will try not to speculate on how the events of Friday could have been prevented. I will try to not speculate on why civilians are allowed to obtain semi-automatic weapons. I will try not to speculate on why the many freedoms of this great country sometimes work to our disadvantage.

What I will think about is that this Christmas season I will be able to hold my loved ones close, and I will be ever thankful for the simple things in life. Mostly, though, I will pray, once again, that violence will end, both here and abroad.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!