Saturday, December 22, 2012

Early Christmas gifts for you...

Good morning! I hope your weekend is getting off to a good start. In the spirit of Christmas, I would like to share these recently acquired vintage photos with you to use in your art. As with most of the pictures I share, they are very old and I am sure beyond any copyright regulations.

A sweet little girl...I love the hat!


Another sweet child...I love the bow!


And a beautiful little baby standing on a lovely old wicker chair...


I scan them pretty much as they are and leave the photo-editing for you. I personally like to use copies of them in their "natural" form. I think that any imperfections add to their charm.

As promised, here are some photos of that old beach picture that I bought in Venice, FL last week. Someone makes copies of these old photos and mounts them on Masonite ready to be hung. Since he has done this, there might be some copyright issues, so I have not scanned it. The picture measures 30 inches wide by 6 inches high, so I had to photograph it in sections. The title on the bottom says Venice Bathing Beauty Pageant 1926, so I was drawn to it because my parents retired to Venice, FL, where my dad still lives, and my mom was born in 1926. I do believe that the photo was actually taken in Venice Beach, CA. I love how there are all ages of beauties in this photo.

Click to enlarge so you can see the detail.






Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!