Friday, December 28, 2012

Inspired...

Good morning friends! I hope that you are well.

This morning I decided to start assembling some "stuff" to work on in the car when we take my dad back to Florida in a couple of weeks. I've sung this tune before, but it seems that I always wait until the last minute to do this, get bogged down with packing, and then the creative intentions sink. So...I pulled out some "projects started but never completed"... fabric collage, all in different stages of production. I was thinking along the line of projects that will not require me to bring a lot of supplies and that just need a little hand-sewing to complete.

Many things inspire me to create a particular project, so here goes (you may want to click on the pics to enlarge them)...

Sometimes I have a few pictures that I am considering
for a project. I print them out on photo fabric and then
gather whatever fabrics, ribbons, and other items might
go with the theme.


Other times, I buy something that I think will work
into a future project, such as the hanky and blue collar
with rhinestones shown below, and then put it aside
 with other coordinating items. I'm not
sure yet what picture I will use, but it will surely
be of a Victorian lady, and her name will be Edith.


Following is another grouping. I like to work in series
of three or four, so these may become exactly that.


I love quotes almost as much as I love old photos,
so sometimes I just print out a bunch of quotes onto
printer fabric. I then print out some photos that may
or may not go with the quotes. In the grouping below,
I had the "Pullman Company 1938" old towel, so I 
thought this might work with the ladies by the old car,
since their dress portrays that time period. And, I may
use some of the quotes with the pictures of the
children.
 


In the below shot, all I have done is assemble fabrics
and ribbons. Some of he fabrics were bought pre-cut
and coordinated and sold in packages at WalMart. I
then added some others. These will likely also end up
as a series. The fabric dictates pictures of children and
a playful tone.



Sometimes I am not in the mood to actually sew, so I use that time to gather grouping of materials, and I then store them in those scrapbook "Craftkeepers", which you see in the last photo. That way I can add materials to them at will. Wow, I'm already feeling inspired to get on with some art!

In my next post I will share some that I have basted together, and are ready for the final hand-stitching.

Thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!