Saturday, December 8, 2012

The cookie swap...

Good evening friends! I hope you're enjoying the weekend.

This afternoon, my friend across the street had a neighborhood cookie swap. Since we didn't know how many people would actually show up, we all just brought about six dozen cookies and shared however many we wanted to swap. I made a cookie called "Rugelah" that my mom started making when I was a kid...rolled up little pastries that are filled with cinnamon, sugar, and walnuts, though there are many variations on this theme.

Here is a scan of the recipe that I printed out for all to take home. Hopefully you will be able to read this. There are also a few pictures of the "goods".

The recipe...


The pastry rolled out with the cinnamon, sugar and nut mix on top...


The cookies rolled up and sitting on the cookie sheet. NOTE: I tried the first ones with parchment paper (below), but later batches without it came out better. I think that for some reason the parchment made the cookies too dry. Also, if you have a no-stick cookie sheet, you do not need to grease it...


The cookies after baking...


I printed the recipe out on sheets of Christmas-themed printer paper, then rolled them up and tied them with ribbon. I also took some small gift bags and lined them with matching paper napkins for folks to take their cookies home in...


We had fun, and got to come home with a variety of cookies that we likely would not have had time to bake ourselves.

I hope you're having a "sweet" day. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!