Sunday, January 6, 2013

One simple word...

Hello friends, and happy Sunday. I hope you're having a great day!

We are going to drive my dad back to Florida on Tuesday, so I am busy with getting ready for that, along with still trying to figure out why Blogger will not let me post any photos. I did a few searches on Google and it seems that a couple of people were having the same problem. The answer seems to be that there are some problems with the Blogger side of things and they will work on it. If any of you out there are having the same issues, I would love to know about it.

So, since I may not be able to post for the next few days, I thought I would drop in and say "hello".

I have been reading a couple of the new Somerset magazines, and there was some mention of picking a word for the coming year that we can let serve to inspire us.  This seems to be so much better than preparing a list of New Year's Resolutions that don't seem to ever amount to much. So, I started thinking about what word I would pick. What I came up with was: FOCUS. Here is how I will apply it to my daily living in 2013:
  • FOCUS on trying to accomplish no more than three worthwhile tasks in any given day, instead of trying to do so much that I don't do anything at all. I will set the priorities each morning on what needs to be done and stick to those.
  • FOCUS on making more time for art, and stop letting other things, such as cooking, cleaning, and gardening, come first. I will set a specific time each day to work in my studio, and let the rest follow later.
  • FOCUS on becoming a better photographer (do we wonder why I picked the word "focus"?).
  • FOCUS on becoming a better blogger.
What word will you choose?

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Sue! I think FOCUS is a perfect word for this new year...I believe I need to adopt it as well ~ Seems I'm all over the place lately!! Sending you big hug and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Birds of a feather" are we ever! Hugs and love back! Sue

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!