Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A girls' day out...

Good evening! I hope you all had a great day.

This morning I had an appointment to get my hair cut. Since my hairdresser is in the town that I used to work in, about 40 miles from here, my neighbor came along with me for a girls' day out. We then had a nice lunch and went over to Hobby Lobby (that one happens to be the closest one around here). The Hob Lob gift card that I received from my daughter for Christmas was burning a hole in my purse and had to be spent as quickly as possible. I thought I would share my finds with you.

Some papers from "My Mind's Eye". The line is called "Lost and Found".
They are all loaded with pretty pink glitter, which my photos do not
do justice to...


Look at the detail on this sheet. Don't you just love it?




I am yearning to do some more fabric collage,
so how about these pretty fabric flowers. I also
bought some ribbon glue, which I have never
tried before.


 The Tim Holtz line was all 30% off,
so I finally bought these two technique books,
along with these number plaques which I thought
would look good on an assemblage project.


I plan on making some nautical artwork for my
grandsons, so I bought this set of  buoys, which are
tied together with rope, and this little wooden boat
which is actually about 15 inches high.
I love the little drawer at the bottom of the boat.
 Not sure yet how I will incorporate these; I may
use one for one project and one for the other...


Well, I'm going to start getting busy with my trip and the final party preparations, so if my posts thin out a little, please know that I'm still thinking of you! 

2 comments:

  1. Nothing more fun than a girl's day out! And I love the goodies you found at Hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! And now, when to use the supplies and on what? Perhaps after the trip is over...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!