Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snowstorm...

Hello friends. I was thinking about those of you impacted by the snowstorm yesterday, and sincerely hope that the worst is past. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I have been busy trying to keep my F-O-C-U-S on completing the legacy book for my dad, so haven't had much time to blog. For a quick post, here are a few old pictures for you to use in your art. When you look at them, please take a few moments to think about those having a difficult time with the storm.

I bought these photos on eBay and was struck by how clearly focused they were for being so old. The old pictures that I buy never cease to amaze me.

When I received this first one, I was delighted
to see that the seller threw in the second
with a sweet little note stating that it was the same
little girl in the picture (note the hat),
and she wanted me to have it. In the first one
I love that you can see the mom standing on the porch
watching her. Sometimes I enjoy the backgrounds
(the old houses, in this case) as much as the people...



This one was from a different seller (I think),
but I just love the expressions on the faces
of the mom and child...


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the backgrounds. I love to spend time searching to see what is of interest and it gives such a wonderful "feel" to the whole scene..it makes you feel like you might have been there...and you realize that these were "real" people...some may well be deceased, some just much older.

    Glad to hear you're keeping busy with the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book is almost done. Seems like there is never enough time to complete it. Maybe today!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!