Thursday, August 15, 2013

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint: My first attempt...

Good morning friends. I hope you've been having a good week.

When we were in the mountains last week, we went to a wonderful consignment store in the next town over from where we live. We ended up buying a small wall hutch that we will use over the desk that we plan on putting in the alcove of the guest room. (We do not yet have the desk, but I can see it in my dreams!)

A while back I purchased a can of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint that was still sitting in the garage just waiting to be used, so yesterday was my first try at this product.

Here is the hutch...


...and what it looked like after I started brushing
on the paint...


Here is what one completed coat looked like.
Too streaky for me...


It dried pretty quickly.
I brushed on the second coat, and here is the result...


The hutch was already distressed in some spots,
so I just let the paint do its thing...


Here is a picture of the product.
I'm sure you've seen it all over
the internet and Pinterest...


I was really satisfied with the outcome and would definitely use this again. You do not need to prime anything, and they say that most of the time you only need one coat. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way, and it comes in several beautiful colors. I bought mine locally at my favorite haunt, Vintage Village. Annie Sloan's website is here.

I am also going to try a new product on the drawer pulls, and will show you the final outcome in another post.

Have a great day, and thanks for coming by!

6 comments:

  1. Looks so beautiful! I love the result!
    I am hoping to try some of this paint one day - I have an armoire calling for it -- but need to find it locally.

    thanks for sharing!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You will really like it. Some antique stores carry it on the local level!

      Delete
  2. Nice work Sue...that's a lovely hutch -- great possibilities with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to hang it and fill it with goodies.

      Delete
  3. The hutch came out beautifully.Great job.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!