Monday, August 19, 2013

Birdsong Cottage furniture: Single wide mobile home decor

Monday greetings from The Perch! I hope that you had a great weekend.

As promised, here are a few photos of what I bought for Birdsong when my sister-in-law and I were out antiquing the other day.

This beautiful old dresser.
My heart started beating too fast.
It was the first thing we saw in the first shop we went into.
Price: $195
Would Mr. Perch like it?
We emailed him a photo.
He liked it.
Upside: I don't even have to paint it myself.
Downside: We need to haul it for five hours to Hendersonville,
and it can't go up next week because we need to bring all the
equipment that Mr. Perch needs to install the flooring.
Hmmm...I wonder how much it costs to rent a small U-Haul.
Ha!
The owner had only finished it the day before,
and it had been in the shop only 30 minutes when we saw it...


I plan on putting it in the living room to hold the TV.
Of course it might end up in the bedroom.
It's pretty large, and very heavy.
We'll see.
It was painted and waxed with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint products.
I will show you the Annie Sloan color chart at the bottom of this post.
The shop where I bought this dresser is where I purchase
the paint.
The top was done with Cream, and the bottom with Paris Grey...


I am not normally a swirly-do gal,
but there was something about this that spoke my language...


Here is a close-up of the top...


And then we went into another shop
so that I could eat my heart out if I saw something that
I liked even better.
That is where I saw the pieces that I shared in yesterday's post.
I loved them all, but am not sure if Mr. Perch shares my enthusiasm.
(He is more of a cabin-decor kind of guy.) 
In addition to those dressers and mirror,
 here sat my end table.
Purchased for $69,
(minus the rocker sitting on top)...


I think I will take off the brass drawer pull,
and do something different with it.
Do you think it should be a creamy white,
or perhaps sprayed with the oil rubbed bronze paint
that I showed you the other day?


Here is the Annie Sloan color chart...


You might want to click on this to enlarge it.
I see some future possibilities with some of these colors.
I love the French Linen and Old Ochre...


On my next post, I will show you why I am moving toward the French Grey color scheme! Thanks so much for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Love the dresser...and I love that it has multi uses - for the tv as you envision, or if it ends up in the bedroom -- it's win win! As for the side table -- which is lovely, I agree...that handle/pull is too bright, too "new". I'm thinking paint it white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am thinking white might be good, the more I look at it! Hope you're having a great day!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!