Saturday, October 19, 2013

Food for thought: A great recipe for Lasagna...

Hi there!

Awhile ago there was a great magazine called "Cottage Living". It was a sister publication of Better Homes and Gardens, and eventually it ceased publication. Why, I don't know, because I thought it was pretty good. Over the years, I had clipped some recipes from it, and one of them was "Judy's Lasagna". I had been making my own recipe for years, but decided to try this one just last year, and ended up liking it better than my own. It was from the September, 2007 issue. You can see that I sometimes hang onto recipes for awhile before I actually get around to trying them! Ha!

The sauce is great and requires little cooking time. As a matter of fact, next time I make it I will double the recipe for the sauce portion and keep half of it to use as meat sauce. Instead of that portion baking in the lasagna, I will cook it a little extra, adding browned Italian sausages to it, and serve it over Rotini. Also, you can used dried herbs if you don't have fresh ones. Just remember to halve the amount when using dried basil. Dried oregano can be used at the full amount.

I like this recipe because the sauce is thick enough to where if it thins a little when layered with the wet lasagna noodles, it's still pretty thick. Some recipes require you to dry the noodles after boiling them, which this one doesn't. And the layering part is simple, and comes out tasting just as good.

Here you go...


We served it to our friend and his gal Saturday night when he came over to fix our computer issues, and they loved it (enough to take some home...the best form of flattery!).

Enjoy.

I hope your day tastes good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!