Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A beautiful Victorian photo album...

Greetings from The Perch!

Shortly before the holidays got under full swing, I won the bid on something beautiful from eBay. If you follow this blog, you know that my favorite thing to collect is old photos, but that I also have a small collection of vintage photo albums.

I though you might like to see some glimpses of this beauty. I bought her mainly for the unusual color, shape, and photo pages, but there were also some lovely photos in it. I found myself wondering if they were original to the album, or if someone just stuck them in there somewhere along the line. Though the album is not in stellar shape, most of the pages have been preserved nicely, and I have some art projects in mind using copies of some of them. I can never, never, never conceive of tearing any pages out of one of these albums, and would only use the originals if the pages are already falling out of an otherwise wreck of an album. Not this one, though!

This photo doesn't do the album justice, 
but the cover is turquoise velvet,
with celluloid flowers...


A detail of the flowers...


I love the pages, which are of an aqua background,
with stars, moons, and clouds...


Included within was this lovely photo of
sisters...


...this beautiful little girl...


...and the bonus of two tintypes...


...not to mention this beautiful family...


The condition near the front cover is not great,
but I love it anyway...


...and the binding is poor...


...so I was able to lay it fairly flat on my scanner
and offer you some pages to enlarge,
save, and use as you wish.
You will need to cut out the odd-shaped pages,
but this was the best I can do...



Not to mention a couple of the photos
that you may like to use.
A beautiful little girl...


...and sweet sisters in their
plaid dresses...


What kind of friend would I be if I didn't share this beauty with you? What would you create with the album pages?

Have a creative and beautiful day!


2 comments:

  1. That album is a real find! And an unusual cover as well. I see those pages as something to be used for a child's room...with something antique inside like an old rocking horse, building blocks...something that could be used for either a boy or a girl. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Sherry! I do have some photos in mind...as usual, no time to execute!! What else is new. XO

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!