Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Not yet Spring!

Hello friends. I hope that you're having a great day!

I can't believe that tomorrow is the first day of spring. It's not really very nice outside today...in the 50's and gray and drizzly. But it was worse yesterday. Here is what I woke up to...

Ice on the plum tree. 
Very upsetting, since this is the first year that this
young tree has had blossoms...


...and ice on the cherry tree...


You can see the little daylilies beginning to
pop under the cherry tree. 
It's very odd that we get ice like this
in these parts, especially at this time
of the year.

We are supposed to get some nice weather beginning tomorrow, but it is only to last a few days. I hope that you don't hate winter as much as I do!

Have a wonderful evening.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I'm sorry that you still have to wait for spring. I wish I could send you some sunshine and warmer temperatures.
    Hopefully you can still enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia! We are back and forth with the weather. Today it was warm, along with the next few days, then back to cold. I guess that will make us appreciate spring all the more when it actually comes! You have a nice weekend. XO

      Delete
  2. Hello Sue Oh your first blossoms with ice on them. This would not happen here. I pray you don't lose them all. Enjoy this beautiful entry into Spring looking out from your window!
    Hugs for an enjoyable weekend,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzy. Maybe I should move there! I guess I shouldn't complain, though. In a few months we U. S. southerners will be complaining about the heat! Have a great weekend! XO

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!