Thursday, April 10, 2014

Creating for Avery Grace: A Pretty Baby Card

Good evening friends. I hope that you're doing well!

If you're anything like we are, the warmer weather is such a treat that we've been spending as much time outside as possible, mostly getting the yard in shape by cleaning up the winter debris, mulching, weeding, spraying, fertilizing, and moving and dividing some plants. Wow, it really feels good to work in the fresh air for a change.

So. of course, I have not had much time for crafting (the story of my life), but I did send a package down to Florida for my new granddaughter, Avery, and at least had the time to create a little card and something else to go with the actual gift. Here is what I made...

Is there any law that you have to use actual baby paper
to wrap a baby gift? I couldn't help using this vintage-like
rose paper that I bought a long time ago,
because...


It so perfectly matched the scrapbook paper
that I used on the card. It is from the Lost and Found
collection of My Mind's Eye.
If you follow this blog, you know how much
I love that paper!
You also probably know that I collect vintage
photos of Victorian-era babies in their 
buggies, and this one is my absolute favorite.
My son and daughter-in-law have two dogs,
so need I say more about why I used 
this one!...


Isn't this one of the most beautiful old baby
photos you have ever seen?...


Because I can never find cards that say exactly
what I think that they should say, I usually
search quotes for just the right thing,
and found this one.
I printed it out in colors that matched
the card. 
(I forgot to take a photo of the inside of
the card before we signed it,
so unfortunately, this is just the quote,
and not how the inside of the finished 
card actually looked.)


Then, I had this crazy idea about using one
of my vintage hankies as part of the gift. 
It just so happened that
its lace perfectly matched the old lace that I
used on the front of the card.
So I made a little gift tag from a another
piece of scrapbook paper...


...tied it with the hankie...


...and wrote the sentiment on the back of the tag...


"Something old" for her future wedding day!
I couldn't get over the fact that the laces
all had roses on them that matched the paper.
Do you get excited over stuff like that?

And I guess that Avery likes pink.
Here are the latest photos...

Florida girl...


...and Mommy's girl...



Many thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!