Thursday, June 19, 2014

A few purchases: Art stuff, and a new bureau...

Hello friends.

I'm still trying to catch up with some posts, so I wanted to share with you a few photos of a couple of things that I bought last week at my favorite haunt back home, SuzAnna's.

We are hoping to redo our master bedroom in "real house" and give it a little more of a farmhouse look.

I saw this dresser, snapped a photo, and
showed it to Hubby when I got home.
He liked it well enough to go back with me
and buy it. 
It was painted in a "soft" black,
which he liked.
Not yet sure how it will figure in to
my plan, but time will tell.
The best part is that I don't have to 
do a thing with it. 
Even the drawers slide quite nicely!


For an assemblage project I couldn't resist
this tote.
Can you guess what it is?


Why, a blueberry crate, of course!


So, I have since dry-brushed over the green
striping with black...


...I have a very definite project in mind for this
piece. 
I couldn't resist the timeworn blue-grey
patina on the rest of it...


For just a few bucks I also bought the below
items. A couple will be used in the piece
that I make with the blueberry crate...


Don't you just love the little
ringer on the right?


A couple of the pieces went into 
The Salvage Saloon
for the future...


I hope you find something great today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!