Monday, July 7, 2014

Some birthday tags, and "starry" fruit salad...

Hello friends! I hope that you had a great holiday weekend. Ours was pretty nice.

My husband's family is visiting from Massachusetts and Florida this week, so his one sister decided to have a group birthday party. It was not actually any one's birthday, but she decided that since they are never together to celebrate birthdays, and it is so rare that the five of them are together at all, we would have an (UN)birthday celebration, so to speak. His one sister down the road had a cook-out at her house, and we brought cards for all.

Here are some that I made for the occasion. They were not actually cards, but hang tags that they could display anywhere.

I couldn't resist doing some beach art, 
and used some of the vintage photos that I have been
accumulating.
You may notice that the one on the right in the photo below
is one of the photos on my blog's sidebar...


His sisters got the beach ones...









...and I made this one for his brother.
I think that this is an old photo of
kids at a masquerade party...



We all brought something to eat,
so I made fruit salad,
and couldn't resist cutting some watermelon
stars in honor of the holiday...


Watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries,
along with a few mint leaves.
Yum...


I hope that you got to do something great too! Have a nice day!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!