Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The last summer roses...

A long over-due hello to you! I am sorry to have been missing in action for a while, but after we returned from the mountains it seems that we had so much to do around here. Summer's end brings work with the lawn and garden in trying to get it ready for the winter ahead.

Today it has been raining most of the day, but between the raindrops I managed to go out and shoot a couple of photos of the last of our summer roses. It makes me sad to be getting ready to say goodbye to the garden, but I also think of it as a time of rejuvenation (for both the garden and myself!) and a promise of the beauty that will undoubtedly come in just a few short months.

One last rose is wilted, but hanging on,
and not yet ready to give in to fall...


Covered with rain drops
it almost sparkles under the grey clouds...


Thinking of roses,
I couldn't help but share this sweet trade card
with you.


I am by nature a summer kind of gal, but I am looking forward to doing some indoor things and getting ready for the holidays that are seemingly right around the corner. Are you sorry to see summer leave us?

In a future post I will share what I have been up to outside to give the yard a real autumn sendoff!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!