Monday, January 12, 2015

Sewing Mends the Soul: Artwork by an Amazing Artist

Good morning. I hope that you had a great weekend.

This post is rather late in coming, but prior to the holidays I purchased a beautiful fabric collage from an amazing textile artist whose work I greatly admire. I have followed her blog for a long time now and finally decided to make one of her creations my own. It now hangs on the vanity mirror above my sewing station, and you will see why I put it there.

Suzy is from Australia, and her blog appears on my sidebar along with other blogs that I love to read. If you haven't yet spent some time with her, you can also visit her here. You will love Suziqu's Threadworks! Also be sure to check out her Etsy shop.

I took some photos of her creation.

It came beautifully wrapped in tissue
pattern paper, 
with a vintage doily,
and this lovely tag...


Pardon this bad photo, 
but I wanted to show you where I hung it.
It was hard to get a good picture because of
the reflection in the mirror...


so I took some closeups.
There is a lovely tag...


... which sits in a gorgeous lace pocket...


It has a vintage wire hanger...


...and many beautiful embellishments.
Her name for this piece shows below...


Now can you see why I hung it where I did?
Thanks, Suzy!
It's so nice to have this piece in my studio 
where I can think of you every time I sit down to sew!

Here's to beautiful artwork and their fine creators.
We are so lucky to have them.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue
    What a lovely presentation of my artwork. I am so pleased that you love your purchase because I just LOVE creating it. I love the way you have framed each photo and I think I have asked before where you got your image framing from i.e. which program?
    I now have purchased the Somerset Sew magazine where you were featured with your beautiful little baby buggy book - so sweet and congratulations on being published!
    I enjoy my visits here and will be back soon!
    Hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzy! On my post of Jan. 6th I provided an answer to your question of what app I used to frame those photos. Sorry if you didn't see it! I love this app!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!