Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Vintage Village, Part 2 (Beauty in the Mundane)

Good morning!  I hope that you are well.

Today I decided to share some of the other photos that I took while antiquing on Sunday. It was such a lovely day that I decided to roam about outside and try to find some beauty in the mundane. Well, not mundane for me, but perhaps for some other people!

Chipping things...



...and peeling things...



...and old doors...




Juxtaposition.
Window frames against chippy paneling...


...bed frames against peeling walls...


...and against old fences...


All are beautiful to me.

************************

One of my purchases is pictured in one of the photos above.
Can you guess what it is?
(Hint: Not an old door, one of which I already have in my studio.
And purchased right here!)
I'll reveal it when my plan comes together.
And hopefully soon.

*************************

What common beauty have you discovered lately? 
And what could be more beautiful than jazzing up our photos with some photo editing?

Have a beautiful day!


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sue!
    I love your chippy, worn, torn, ripped paint peeling off all number of pieces here. Gorgeous photos! I wondered what editing program you use for your lovely frames? They are just perfect for these images!
    x Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Suzy. I'm glad you like them! I used an iPhone app called VintaFrame Pro. I do the busy work on my iPad so it is easier to see. It is all vintage stuff with simple and collage frames, overlays, and background papers. At 1.99 it is well worth the cost. I am also using some others, including the one I used on my previous post, and will share more later. Have a great day! XO

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!