Saturday, February 21, 2015

Winter




Am I the only one that's getting tired of 
this awful winter?
I shouldn't complain, though.
My husband's son lives up near Boston,
and we all know how bad this winter has 
been for them and other parts of the country.
I wish them all well,
and hope that they can soon say goodbye
to the record cold and snowfalls. 
We had the most snow last week
here in NC
that we've had since I moved here eight
years ago,
and whereas it normally melts within a day,
it has stayed on the ground due to the record
low temperatures, even here.
But still,
I yearn for the day where I can walk
through our yard and once again see this...


and this...


and this...


and this...


and this...


and this...


...even though it will mean a return to the
 sometimes backbreaking yard work!
Be still my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!