Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mixed Media Canvas Collages: Spreading Joy and Cherishing Today

Happy Thursday and I hope that you're having a great day! Recently I was dabbling with some mixed media canvasses using vintage photos and acrylic paints (shared in previous posts), and I created these two sweet pieces.

"Spread Joy"

I enjoyed playing with this canvas, 
collaging a sweet photo of this pretty
little girl which I tinted with a little bit
of acrylic paint.
I added a bird, little words,
and some lovely old lace...


...after building up layers of of acrylic paints
in neutral colors for the background...



...along with some patterned papers and vintage
sheet music...


**********************************

"Cherish Today"

I used a similar process for this one,
substituting pretty fibers and a vintage mother
of pearl belt buckle for lace...


I couldn't believe that in one of my vintage children's books
I found words to a poem called "Hoop Song".
How lucky was that!




Both of these pieces are for sale in my Etsy shop.

*****************************************

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!