Saturday, December 12, 2015

Oh, Dear! (I mean, oh deer!)

Good morning deer dear friends! In case you are wondering whether or not I am having some issues with the English language today, read on!

As we were completing our farm table, I started to shop around a little for some Christmas and seasonal decor that would better suit our farmhouse look. I wanted to keep it simple this year and give our spaces a more rustic and casual feel. Before I knew it, and with no real intent on doing so, I found myself leaning towards one particular design element. I guess I don't have to tell you what that element is!

They are on the dresser...


and on wall art...


on a  garland...


on pillows...


on gift tags...


on snack plates...


and even on sweaters...


...and you should have seen the look on
Mr. Perch's face when I jokingly told him 
that I bought this one for him
because it looks like Ollie 
wearing bells and antlers...


Oh, dear, even my cards ended up with
well, you know what!...


We usually have real live deer running around in this neck of the woods
at this time of the year,
but for some strange reason there is not one to be seen.
H-m-m-m...


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm is right! : ) LOL What a great post Sue! Deer really are popular now, aren't they!? The thing is, they can be rustic, (as they are naturally) but also very elegant and formal; depending on how you use them. Love your decor! And your Christmas cards are so beautiful~ Hope your weekend is going well. We are preparing for snow ~Karen O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make my day when you comment! I know what you mean about deer being formal as well as rustic. I just love them, however they look. And the real ones even better. We have a lot of hunters here, and though I won't knock that if they follow the letter of the law with it, I certainly could not kill anything so beautiful. Even if they nibble stuff in my garden! Stay warm and inside crafting!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!