Friday, January 15, 2016

Vintage Village: An Hour of Buying Nothing

Yesterday my hubby had some things to do, so I decided to take a trip to Vintage Village. One of the shops there sells Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint, so I wanted to see if they had the new color, Farmhouse White. Have you seen it yet? It is really a nice shade of white, and I want to use some to refinish an old dresser that I bought a couple of years ago (one of two that is still sitting in the garage waiting for some love. Oops.).

 Don't you just love the way she did this hutch?
 Her blog is on my side bar, 
but you can also click here 
to see more of her post about this color...

via missmustardseed.com

So, the vendor did not yet have the paint, but they assured me that it is on order, so I will keep on checking. Its too cold to paint down in the garage right now anyway.

I did walk around for a little while and take some quick photos, but not a lot because it was kind of cold. Even inside the buildings it is cold, as most of them are not heated.

This was an adorable new building
that had some things for sale inside.
Pardon the long morning shadows,
but I couldn't resist a photo...


...and look how cute the top is.
Wouldn't this make a great garden shed?...


This is another building,
which has been there for awhile...


I've written about Vintage Village before,
but can never resist taking more photos,
especially when the sky looks as pretty as this...


I almost wanted to buy this lovely old garden 
statue, 
but didn't want to have to lift it!


I did love this little farm animal metal
garden ornament...


...and of course, as always, their great stash of
vintage doors...


But, surprising myself, I bought nothing,
and decided to save the gift certificate that Mr. Perch
gave me for Christmas.
I will stick to the plan and hold out for 
Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in
Farmhouse White!!!


4 comments:

  1. Hello Sue,
    Such a wonderful place to visit. Lovely buildings, and I love they have for sale, there. I love the statue, too, and yes the new white looks beautiful and soft in the tone. Look forward seeing your dresser when painted :-) Saturday hug, from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, sweet Dorthe. Maybe one of these days you could come to The States and I will take you there!!! Was snowing this morning, so still too cold to paint furniture in the garage! Sunday Hug!

      Delete
  2. Wow Sue, thanks for the shopping trip! : )
    What a great place, that Vintage Village~
    I could wander w/you all day! LOL
    Love the paint color; and good for you, for holding out w/the Gift card until its in stock!
    (Bravo! that's hard for me to do...)
    Thanks for sharing~ Karen O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Too bad that we can't really go shopping together! Wouldn't that be something. I hear that my paint is just now going out to the retailers, so we will see just how long I can hold on to that gift certificate! XO Sue

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!