Thursday, February 4, 2016

Buying Milk Paint: Along the Way

Hello readers!

Continuing with my previous post, I did go to pick up my Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint on Wednesday. It is sold at SuzAnna's, the larger shop at Vintage Village, which consists of several booths run by different vendors. This shop is the furthest away from the parking lot, so "along the way" I couldn't resist taking these photos.

Two Old Birds,
a great shop where I buy...


...all of my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint...



always has cute little things out in front...


and a black bird on the fence. 
But alas, no chalk paint this day.
Keep walking, Sue...


Another shop.
Not sure of the name,
but a sweet little building
chock full of great finds...


Also along the way,
a section of salvage from an old farmhouse...


And finally, I got to SuzAnna's,
where there was this very creative
display of old hankies...


...and then some...


...more...


Another booth featured this lovely
bird assemblage.
Why can't I be this creative?...


This was from a lovely booth
that was just re-done to feature
pink things...


And this display in another
shop featured purple,
even the cowgirl boots!!...


Here are some lovely sachets.
They were wrapped in cellophane,
so didn't photograph too well,
but gorgeous nonetheless...


And some glittery lavender birds
in a chippy iron bowl...


...with one on this pretty plate...


But I stuck to my target, 
forged on to my real destination
and purpose of my visit
(to spend my Christmas gift certificate)...


...and bought my Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint
in Farmhouse White!
Along with a stirrer, since this paint comes in
powdered form and you mix it yourself.
And some bonding agent so that the
paint will cover the highly varnished 
piece of junk dresser that I will use it on...


Oh, of course some wax
and a waxing brush...


Bye-bye gift certificate!
Hello painting adventure!

Do you have any furniture that you will re-finish?
Have you used MMSMP?
If so, I'd love to hear about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!