Monday, May 16, 2016

Vintage Checks and Receipts


Happy Monday! I hope that your week is getting off to a good start.



Recently I decided that whenever I have the time I might like to go back to creating paper collage. I have already thought about the theme I am going to use, and have begun collecting some vintage paper ephemera. Recently I have become infatuated with vintage checks, receipts and letterhead, mostly from the late 1800's and early 1900's. I am going to share some pictures of them. I don't think, though, that I will ever to be able to use the originals. Copies will work just fine.

I think that these antique engraved checks are gorgeous.
The pictures on them...


 ...and the cursive print...


 ...are just gorgeous.
This one had the added bonus of the original
handwriting of the owner.
I wish someone would write me a check for $7500.00!
I wonder what that would have bought you 115 years ago?!...
I also love that this one and the one with the liberty bell
shown above have a patriotic flair...


Here are some receipts, again,
with beautiful typography and pictures...


...and I love that one above and the
two below are in a farm or agriculture theme...
 

Can't you just see the possiblities?
My wheels are spinning!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo These are gorgeous Sue! (can you guess which is my favorite?! : ) Thanks for sharing; these are very special~ Karen O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one? I doubt that it could possibly be the rooster! XO

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!