Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The Start of a New Project and New Photo Fabric

Hello there. I hope that your July has gotten off to a good start.


Having finished the collages that I was working on, 
I put together some things to begin a new one.
An old and stained piece of a cutter quilt...


Some goat cart photos printed onto photo fabric,
along with some wide burlap ribbon...


Sari ribbon, laces, trims, and an array
of buttons...


...along with some pretty fabrics...


Can you tell what my color scheme is going to be?...

******************************************

By the way, I was reading one of my books about crazy
quilting, and the author recommended this photo fabric...



Have you tried it yet? 
It seems to take the ink very nicely,
and the paper backing is quite easy to pull off.
It comes on a roll, so you can just cut off what you need.
The only thing that I do not like about it is that the texture
is a little rough, and you tend to see that on your printout.
I did use it for my patriotic collages that I featured here and here.
If you look closely, you may be able to see the texture on the photos.
But it doesn't bother me enough to hold me back from using this product.
I purchased it on Amazon.

Have you tried any new products lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!