Saturday, May 20, 2017

Vintage Photos: Girls in Mary Jane Shoes and Little Patriots

Here are some sweet photos that I recently
added to my collection.

***********************************************

I thought this little girl was so sweet
holding her precious teddy bear.
I love the striped dress that she is wearing,
and thought that a copy of this one would
be good to experiment with a little photo tinting on,
perhaps coloring the stripes on her dress.
She is wearing Mary Jane shoes...


...just as are the little darlings in this one...



And, of course, how could I resist adding the two below to my
collection of patriotic photos.
Don't you just love the baby sitting in front of the flag?...


But my favorite of the four has to be this one.
Do photographers stage this way anymore?
Not to the best of my knowledge. How sad.
I wonder if these children were new to America
when it was taken...


By the way, the glittered stars seen in the photos above
were from the Fourth of July decorating section of Hobby Lobby.
They are stickers that range in sizes from
1-2 inches and came in a bag of 180 for $5.99.
So much cheaper than buying embellishments
in the scrapbook aisle.

**************************************************

We are planning to leave soon for The Wren's Nest,
so you may not hear from me for a bit.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    Just popping by to try and catch up. I have a lot going on and have not been the best at creating or blogging. Your newest photos are amazing, and I also am drawn to the one with flag as the background. That little shoe sure is cute too! I have a Hobby Lobby near me now (20 mins) and rarely get to go. Love seeing what they have! I hope you have fun at Wren's Nest! Have a great Memorial Weekend next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nancy! I am sending you a separate email. Thanks for coming by! X)

      Delete
  2. Hello Sue,
    your old photos are darling, sweet- and oh the shoes, too- I also collect old baby shoes, as you do.
    Have a wonderful trip, and enjoy your time away, friend. See you soon again, Sue. Dorthe, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Dorthe. I just love all of those little shoes, worn by sweet children in a long ago time. Have a great week! XO

      Delete
  3. Sue, these old photographs are really charming. I especially love the last one... and that little shoe is too cute!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaby! Thanks for coming by, and I hope the rest of your week is wonderful too. Hugs!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!